Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Freshmaker's Favorite Dental Products

So I have decided in addition to informative posts, that I also wanted to share my favorite dental products. Of course, everyone is unique and your hygienist may recommend a certain product for your specific dental needs but I will be listing my favs with pics in between posts. As always, Please don't be shy if you have any questions or comments.

I am not receiving any compensation, this is my personal and professional opinion based on personal and patient(client) experience.

FRESHMAKER'S PICK FOR:

Favorite Manual Toothbrush (yes, I do own this toothbrush)

This toothbrush is made by Oral B. What I love about this toothbrush is that it is amazingingly soft! It has compact head,easy for accessing molars, full of extra soft bristles that not only sensitive gums and teeth benefit from but is perfect for those patients who have problems with gum recession, and abrasion.

Because of its extra soft bristles it will help maintain gums and enamel and be, "oh so gentle" like a massage.

It also claims the bristles get 35% deeper into grooves, pits and fissures than other toothbrushes.( I have no factual proof of this one, this is just what they claim on their website.)

The blue bristles will fade indicating when to change your toothbrush. Although you should be switching every 6 months anyways. And definately, when the bristles start to flare.

TIP: If you find your bristles are flaring before six months and you are going through toothbrushes like crazy; you are pressing way too hard when you brush. Review my "How to Brush" dental post here and maybe you should enroll in a yoga, pilates, or kick boxing class to relieve some stress ; so you don't take it out on your teeth ; ) It will probably be cheaper in the end anyways.

2 comments:

  1. I have repented! My brushes are lasting much longer..which is to say, you have finally retrained me! Thanks.

    O.k. How about a hygienic way to store these babies? I am always kind of freaked out about the brush just hanging out. Any suggestions for keeping the brush uber clean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question!most of the bacteria and germs die when not in a moist habitat so actually air drying is good...but i know the concern with leaving it out in the open in the bathroom when well you know what you do in the bathroom, and that's just...questionable to me.I would suggest keeping them in a medicine cabinet or you can try those uv light toothbrush head germ killer things...yeah it's a technical term j/k ...

    ReplyDelete